All about the Mediterranean DietNov 06, 2021
The Mediterranean Diet – a dietary pattern that is widely accepted by most medical and scientific communities around the world to be a health promoting eating pattern. The Mediterranean Diet is also one of the most extensively studied diets, especially for potential to prevent and combat Cardiovascular Disease and other chronic diseases.
LINKS to Studies referenced in the Video and other studies related to Mediterranean Diet.
1. Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease with a Mediterranean Diet Supplemented with Extra-Virgin Olive Oil or Nuts
Martínez-González MA, Ros E, Estruch R. N Engl J Med. 2018 Oct 4;379(14):1388-1389
2. Mediterranean diet pyramid: a cultural model for healthy eating
Willett WC, Sacks F, Trichopoulou A, Drescher G, Ferro-Luzzi A, Helsing E, Trichopoulos D. Am J Clin Nutr. 1995 Jun;61(6 Suppl):1402S-1406S.
3. Accruing evidence on benefits of adherence to the Mediterranean diet on health: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis
Sofi F, Abbate R, Gensini GF, Casini A. Am J Clin Nutr. 2010 Nov;92(5):1189-96.
4. Modified Mediterranean diet and survival: EPIC-elderly prospective cohort study
Trichopoulou A, Orfanos P, Norat T, Bueno-de-Mesquita B, Ocké MC, Peeters PH, van der Schouw YT, Boeing H, Hoffmann K, Boffetta P, Nagel G, Masala G, Krogh V, Panico S, Tumino R, Vineis P, Bamia C, Naska A, Benetou V, Ferrari P, Slimani N, Pera G, Martinez-Garcia C, Navarro C, Rodriguez-Barranco M, Dorronsoro M, Spencer EA, Key TJ, Bingham S, Khaw KT, Kesse E, Clavel-Chapelon F, Boutron-Ruault MC, Berglund G, Wirfalt E, Hallmans G, Johansson I, Tjonneland A, Olsen A, Overvad K, Hundborg HH, Riboli E, Trichopoulos D. BMJ. 2005 Apr 30;330(7498):991.
5. Mediterranean diet, traditional risk factors, and the rate of cardiovascular complications after myocardial infarction: final report of the Lyon Diet Heart Study
de Lorgeril M, Salen P, Martin JL, Monjaud I, Delaye J, Mamelle N. Circulation. 1999 Feb 16;99(6):779-85.
The HABITS Pharmacy - Habits as Medicine
for regular tips & updates on courses and workshops to be equipped to unlock the Power of Habits as Medicine to Prevent and Combat Lifestyle-related chronic diseases.